Our Recovery College commenced in January 2022. The aim of the recovery college is to link local people experiencing poor mental health and wellbeing, with an introduction to learning, though micro-skills and other courses. The Recovery College is facilitated by Peer Support Workers and encourages participants to play an active part in the design and delivery of the college. The Recovery College is based in local communities in settings where the activities can be carried out safely. To encourage and support our service members to attend, Stepping Stones has developed a range of incentives which include;
- Access to additional support from Recovery College Peer Support Workers
- National Entitlement Card (if conditions are met)
- Travel expenses
- Income maximisation checks
- Digital Inclusion support
- Access to bespoke micro-learning and training opportunities
- Personalised Portfolio (and potential access to West College Scotlands digital prospectus)
- Access to Stepping Stones’ members benefit fund (up to £50)
- Certificates for courses completed
- Employment and Education Celebration and Awards lunches
- References for jobs or other learning opportunities
How to access the Recovery College
- If you are already a member, speak to your allocated worker or contact the office on the above number.
- Information on how to make a referral to Stepping Stones is here.